We're looking for homeowners in the upper Midwest who have made significant energy-saving improvements or built energy-efficient or unusual new homes.
Examples of features we're looking for include:
- Alternative building techniques, such as straw bale, rammed earth or underground homes;
- Installation of non-traditional energy products or technology, such as spray foam insulation or geothermal heat pumps;
- Use of renewable energy, such as solar, wind, hydro or biomass power;
- Energy-conscious remodeling projects, including basement renovations, attic conversions or room additions;
- Unusually designed homes or homes converted from historical buildings; or
- Inventive use of recycled materials.
Homes featured on PowerHouse must be located within Alliant Energy's service territory (Iowa and Wisconsin), but homeowners do not need to be Alliant Energy utility customers.
We're also looking for Midwest businesses that manufacture energy-smart products and services - if you know of any in your community, please let us know!
Please note that we need several months' advance notice to evaluate your suggestion and schedule production dates.
To send in your suggestions, please use our contact form.